World-famous Escambrón Beach takes center stage in a flavorful weekend.
Tastings from 30 restaurants per day of the island’s finest restaurants, plus rums, wine, beer, distilled spirits, and 50 international and local culinary personalities!
Saborea Puerto Rico: A Culinary Extravaganza takes place May 18-21, 2017, celebrating the best in Caribbean traditions and worldwide flavors with chefs from Puerto Rico and around the world.
Each day, guests visiting the Saborea Puerto Rico Village will enjoy samples from some of Puerto Rico’s best restaurants.
Daily demo kitchens will provide visitors the opportunity to learn the techniques and ingredients to prepare recipes the way the experts do. A one-day pass allows guests to access all areas for tastings and demonstrations.
The festivities will begin on Thursday, May 18, 2017 with the Bubbles & Bites Event, Saborea Puerto Rico’s kick-off party. Local renowned chefs will delight partakers with a mix of Puerto Rican bites and champagne.
Then, the Privileged Taste of Saborea Opening Reception will take place on Friday, May 19, 2017. At this event, approximately 20 of Puerto Rico’s distinguished chefs will ‘wow’ you with their culinary creations during an intimate sit down dinner. Each chef will host a 10-person table and will prepare an incomparable meal for a privileged group.
6:00 PM – 10:30 PM
A PRIVILEGED TASTE
7:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Twenty of Puerto Rico’s distinguished chefs will ‘wow’ you with their culinary creations during an intimate sit-down event. Each chef will host a 10-person table and will prepare an incomparable meal for a privileged group. Wine pairing is included with dinner and the proceeds will go to the PRHTA’s Educational Fund.
[Info Click: Here]
- Chef Maria Germania Díaz – The Condado Plaza Hilton
- Chef Roberto Treviño
- Chef Augusto Schreiner & Simon Majumbar – The Art of Cooking School
- Chef Juan Peña – Fern @ The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
- Chef Gustavo Sanchez – The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
- Chef Lorraine Colon – Always Fabulous Food
- Chef Juan Jose Cuevas – 1919 Restaurant @ The Condado Vanderbilt
- Chef Giovanna Huyke & Rafael Barreras –
- Chef Tino Feliciano – Chef Tino Latin Bistro
- Chef Efrain Cruz – Vivo Beach Club
- Chef Raúl Correa & Ben Vaughn – Zest Restaurant @ San Juan Water Beach Club
- Chef Ramón Carrillo – Wyndham Rio Mar Beach Resort
- Chef Isaac Pacheco – Caribe Hilton
- Chef José Carles – Royal Isabela
- Chef Enrique Piñeiro – Mesa 364
- Chef Victor Rosado – Mi Casa @ Dorado Beach A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- Chef Mayra Alejandra – Café Pierre @ Doubletre by Hilton San Juan
- Chef Carlos Portela – Orujo Taller de Cocina
- Ana Parga – El San Juan Hotel & Casino
- Jannette Berrios – Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- Cielito Rosado-Cocina Artesanal
- Obed García & Agustín Rodríguez – Sugar Lab & Paris Macarons
- Nasha Fondeur – 1919 Restaurant @ The Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
- Ronny Díaz – Caribe Hilton
- Patricia Rivera – La Chilanguita
- Café Lucero
SABOREA VILLAGE SATURDAY & SUNDAY
11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Demo Kitchen Theater:
The General Electric (GE) Kitchen Demo Theater, the most educational and entertaining stage of the weekend, where attendees will learn novel kitchen techniques and even a few secrets from the masters.
The Tasting Pavilion offers a showcase of Puerto Rico’s finest restaurants, plus a wide range of rum, wines, beer and distilled spirits.
Enjoy a tasting of beer and spirits as well as a sampling of local and international fare.
Brews & Stews:
A decadent exhibit and tasting of coffee and desserts — and a delectable opportunity to indulge in local treats and homegrown java. California Wineries: Special guests from California will provide generous sampling of the region’s finest harvests.
About Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico is full of music, passion and great food. The evolution of its cuisine has transformed the island into the “Gastronomic Capital of the Caribbean”. Join us for the best culinary event in the region. Don’t miss out on this gastronomic feast, especially made for you!
Saborea Puerto Rico is a Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Association (PRHTA) event benefiting its Educational Fund, which provides training and certifications in a variety of specialties for people in the hospitality industry, as well as other programs geared toward the local tourism industry’s development. It aims to promote Puerto Rico as a culinary destination and provide a platform for the island’s gastronomic industry.
The PRHTA represents the private tourism industry in Puerto Rico. Founded in 1950, PRHTA has 580 corporate members, among which are large, mid-size and small hotels, restaurants, airlines and others businesses that serve the tourism industry.
For more information about PRHTA, please visit www.prhta.org.